On this day in history, May 23rd, Bonnie and Clyde's twenty-two month life on the lam came to an end in a flurry of bullets.
Today, I'll be taking part in a #BonnieAndClydeVersary event where I'll be talking Bonnie and Clyde and also about my novel, Becoming Bonnie, which tells the coming-of-age story of how Bonnie Parker becomes half of the infamous crime duo during the 1920s. See below for various essays, giveaways, interviews, and excerpts.
Giveaway of Becoming Bonnie on Amazon
Giveaway of Becoming Bonnie with Suzy Approved Book Reviews
Chapter 3 of Becoming Bonnie and a Giveaway with Criminal Element
Review of Becoming Bonnie and a Giveaway with EvieBookish
"Bonnie and Clyde: What's in a Name?" at Heroes & Heartbreakers
"The Bonnie and Clyde from Becoming Bonnie" at Women Writer's
"Bonnie Parker: Rebel with a Cause?" at We So Nerdy
"The Aesthetics of the 1920s within Becoming Bonnie" at Jorie Loves a Story
"15 Questions for Bonnie Parker Pre-Clyde" at the Debutante Ball
History from a Woman's Perspective sits down with Jenni L. Walsh
Jenni L. Walsh in conversation with Leah DeCesare
Audra McElyea interviews Jenni L. Walsh
Bonnie and Clyde photos, more giveaways, and other anniversary/Becoming Bonnie goodies:
Becoming Bonnie is now available in retail stores and online at Amazon, BN.com, and more!
I'd be truly grateful if you helped me spread the word about the release of Becoming Bonnie, which tells the untold story of how wholesome Bonnelyn Parker becomes half of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde duo during the 1920s.
Especially for a newbie author like myself, word of mouth is the main way that a book makes its way into new hands. Below are a number of ways you can help!
If you are on Goodreads:
- Add Becoming Bonnie to your shelves
- Rate Becoming Bonnie
- Recommend Becoming Bonnie to a friend
If you are on Facebook:
- In my announcement post, tag a friend who you think may enjoy Becoming Bonnie
- or, share your own post. Please be sure to tag me (type @ and Jenni L Walsh and my page should populate)!
If you are on Twitter:
- Tweet about Becoming Bonnie. Here's some sample language:
Happy release day to @jennilwalsh and #BecomingBonnie, the story of how Bonnie becomes part of THE Bonnie & Clyde https://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Bonnie-Jenni-L-Walsh/dp/0765390183
If you belong to a library:
- Request a copy of Becoming Bonnie to be added to their shelves
If you are on Amazon:
- Leave a review for Becoming Bonnie (this matters, a ton)
If you have a local bookshop nearby:
- Go in and ask for Becoming Bonnie by name to show interest
- If all you can see is Becoming Bonnie's spine, face the cover out for all to see.
- Send me photos of Becoming Bonnie in the wild!
If you're part of a book club:
- Recommend Becoming Bonnie! If you're local to Philly, I'd love to stop in. If not, I'd love to Skype! I even have a Reader's Guide you can use for the occasion.
If you got a special gal or teacher in your life:
- Consider gifting a copy of Becoming Bonnie for Mother's Day or birthday
- Consider gifting a copy of Becoming Bonnie for your child's teacher
If you've bought Becoming Bonnie (THANK YOU):
- Carry the book around for all to see :)
Thank you in advance. I sincerely appreciate your support!
Today's the day! Becoming Bonnie is now available from Tor/Forge (Macmillan)!
There are so many emotions involved in this moment and if I begin, I may become a blubbering mess, so I want to say a simple, but heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped in my journey to become a published author, including all the wonderful book-related blogs who are helping to shout about Bonn today!
On each of these blogs, you can find the first chapter of Becoming Bonnie:
History from a Woman's Perspective | A Glass of Wine | Jorie Loves a Story | Brenda Drake | Laura Heffernan | Sandi Ward Books | The Book Whisperer | First Impression Reviews | What Is That Book About | The Maiden's Court | Sapphyria's Book Reviews | Celticlady's Reviews | I Heart Reading | The Lit Bitch | A Literary Vacation | Reading Lark | Passages to the Past | Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers | Ageless Pages Reviews | What's Better Than Books | Impressions In Ink
Becoming Bonnie releases in a WEEK, so let's have some fun with a giveaway!
There are 3 ways to enter to win this prize pack of a signed hardcover of Becoming Bonnie, 16x20 print featuring a excerpt from the novel, a faux newspaper print, and an exclusive mug:
1. Like the giveaway post on Facebook
2. RT the giveaway tweet and follow my account on twitter
3. Subscribe to my newsletter
Ends 5/8 11:59pm EST. US only.